This is my first time attempting to participate in a weekly link up like this. Coffee talk, put together by Natalie Blair of OHEMGEE, is just a bunch of fun questions to get to know one another better. Then you can bounce around to some other amazing blogs and get to know those bloggers as well. So happy Thursday morning everyone, lets have our coffee (cause looord knows this mama needs it) and talk.
1. Let's talk about ink: Do you have tattoos? How many??
Nope. Not a single tat. Want to know why? Well its simple, bribery. My Aunt Lori told me that if I stayed ink free she would continue to take myself and my best friend on grand summer vacations. The result was a tattoo-less teen that happily visited Hilton Head, New York City, the Bahamas, and Palm Beach. By the time I was an adult I just no longer really wanted one.
2. Let's talk about hair styles: Bangs, do you have them, want them, or trying to grow them out? What about side bangs?
For a large part of my childhood I had bangs. I'm not sure I ever was able to keep them straight, un-clumped, and degreased. Rocking the bangs is an art form for sure and I just never mastered it.
3. Let's talk about work: Without getting specific with a company name, what do you do? What did you want to be when you grew up when you were young?
I am a NICU nurse turned temporary stay at home Mama. I started college thinking that I was going to pursue political science (um, yeah...I hate politics) or physical therapy. It was my boyfriend at the time (husband now) who convinced me to go to nursing school. His logic? Finish a four year degree, when your done if you want to be a nurse great, if not you can do anything you like. Turned out I loved NICU nursing and worked full time for six years.
4. Let's talk about friends: Do you find it easier or more difficult to meet new friends as an adult? Do you have what you'd consider 'blog friends'? What about IRL (in real life) friends?
As a Mom I would say its definitely easier to meet friends. I have an instant conversation starter because no matter what kind of people we are we have something in common, Motherhood.
I am a newer blogger so I'm working on forming blog friends. As far as IRL friends I am so lucky to have an amazing list of women that I get to call my friends. They know who they are, and I hope they know they are loved and appreciated!
5. Let's talk about Social media: Android or iPhone? Twitter or Facebook?
IPhone all the way! Love, love, love my IPhone.
Twitter and Facebook are both musts for a blogger.
Don't forget to visit OHEMGEE and check out all the other awesome blogs linked up for this mornings Coffee Talk!